Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Perfect Formula

Today I found the perfect combination of things that make new baby sister happy enough that I don't have to hold her.  She's been really fussy the last week - compounding my stress level while recovering from surgery.  See, she teased me for the first 4 weeks being a super content and docile baby who, sleeping or awake, rarely cried.  She'd get fussy when it was time to eat to let me know but otherwise was happy.  Her fiesty side came raging out last week and sent me reeling!  Today I had a huge To-Do list, a book club book deadline looming on Thursday with 100 pages left to read and... a fussy baby who just wanted to be held all morning.  What's a mom to do?  Well, I put her in her swing and put Tchichovsky on the iPod docking station... and she slept for 3 hours!  I got so much crossed off my list and now I can enjoy her for the rest of the day without worrying about all the things that aren't getting done.  The swing alone is not enough, this girl needs her classical music!

No comments: