Thursday, March 18, 2010

Four Things

I saw this on a blog I follow and I thought... Hmmm, that would concisely give an idea about who I am (as if readers didn't really know me by now, right?) and might be fun reading.  So, here goes!

4 shows I like to watch:
(I NEVER used to watch TV but now that I have DVR I am in heaven...)

1. Fringe
2. Hoarders
3. Heroes
4.Caprica

4 things I am passionate about:
1. The environment
2. Writing (and reading)
3. My husband and kids (as in plural, which I never thought would happen!)
4. Avoiding High Fructose Corn Syrup (it's harder than you think!)

4 words or phrases I say often:
1. Hurry!  (Why an eight-year old still doesn't know the morning routine for school is beyond me!)
2. How's your homework?
3. Are you fucking kidding me?
4. Oooh, what's the matter with my baby?  (in sing-song baby-talk voice)

4 things I have learned from the past:
1. There's no time like the present to take care of your health.
2. Most people don't do much actual work while at work and don't feel bad about collecting the paycheck.
3. The things that matter most are usually not the things we spend the most time doing.
4. Nothing good ever comes from guilt

4 places I would love to go:
1. Italy - I'd like to see where my ancestors come from
2. New York City - I always thought I'd live there and haven't even visited
3. Ireland - I wonder if it is really as beautiful as everyone says
4. The Mediterranean - the views are always so amazing

4 things I did yesterday:
1. De-cluttered a cabinet in my kitchen (part of a larger project involving the entire house!)
2. Registered my daughter for summer camp
3. Tried to find a nanny (it's an ongoing search)
4. Forgot to eat a single thing before dinner

4 things you are looking forward to
1. Being out of debt except for the mortgage
2. Finishing the bathroom in the basement (or more accurately, the hubby doing it)
3. Going back to work
4. My sister in law's wedding so I can see a part of the country I've never been to.

4 things I love about winter:
1. No allergies
2. Sweaters
3. Nothing much to do so I have more excuses to knit
4. National Novel Writing Month

4 things on my wish list:
1. A pool in the back yard - ok, I'd settle for it to be landscaped instead of a mud pit!
2. A longer battery life on my Droid
3. To finish my novel (ok, and get it published!)
4. To be fully recovered from pregnancy and surgery so I can go running again!

There you have it... some hopefully interesting tidbits of useless information about yours truly.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifer Nikole said...

Here is a conversation between us:

You: Are you fucking kidding me?
me: No, I'm not fucking kidding you!
you: Fuck!
me: Holy Fuck!

Sounds like a great time to me!