Saturday, March 20, 2010

Foiled again

There's good and bad news this week which was full of doctor visits... First I got good news from the OB at my six-week check-up.  I'm all healed up and with my new IUD in place I'm ready to go and get on with my life after baby.  I don't know what I'm more excited about - the fact that I can have sex again or that I can go running again.  It is seriously a toss up at this point. Two days later, I got the bad news at my post-op check up with the surgeon.  While I'm healing up nicely, I cannot run for another THREE WEEKS while I continue to heal from the incisions in my abdominal wall. 

Okay, I know what you're thinking.  You've waited this long, what's another three weeks, right?  Well, that's just it - I will only have a 3 day window to run before I'm back on HCG for a 40-day round I've been waiting to do my entire pregnancy and the timing of which cannot be altered or I'll still be on the restrictive diet phase for my busy vacation schedule this summer. 

Three days... I get three days then that's it until Memorial Day. You can bet your ass I'll be running all three of those days and loving every minute. 

I guess in the grand scheme of things I have my entire life to run and it will be much easier when I remove most of my excess weight with this last round of HCG.  But when all I have been thinking about is running since I was told I had to stop back in early pregnancy it is hard to look at the grand scheme past the disappointment and frustration.  April 7th can't come fast enough for me!

No comments: