Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm back!

All praise the Internet gods... We now have Internet service at home and the withdrawals are over. Well, that's not entirely true since I still don't have a Blackberry. BUT, it is getting easier to live without one and don't feel like dying because I may not get one for a while. That has more to do with the fact that it isn't very practical right now when I have a brand new phone and am learning to live without Internet on my hip and constant email activities. I might have had a problem bigger than I have previously admitted and I'm going to just see how long I can take it. Should make the hubby happy anyway.

So, a week into the new job and I'm loving it. Every day I get a bit more info and training and like it that much better. The co-worker from the old job has only called me three times this week so apparently is going to be fairly okay without me. I don't miss being on call and am relishing the time in training before I know enough to be on call again. Being in health care is a bit weird for me since I swore I didn't like people enough to ever be in that field. Although I still get to deal with the very impersonal and logical computer system I love so I can't really say I'm doing what folks who are really giving patient care do. Weird still... I've spent my offline days working on the book outline and am getting very excited for the kick-off of NaNoWriMo in a week. And the new writing group is meeting for the first time this week. Life is good ...

No comments: