Thursday, October 2, 2008

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways

How will I live without my Blackberry?!? (OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!)

Now that this whole craziness of quitting my job is getting real and hitting me where the Blackberry rests on my hip I am FREAKING out. Today I reached for my favorite accessory to mapquest where dance camp is for next weekend while sitting at a red light on my commute home. HELLO! Not gonna have that Internet connection on your hip 24/7 in like 16 days... but who's counting... BESIDES ME!?!?! I believe in a moment of realized panic at what I will be losing I actually embraced the little black beauty and tried to kiss it today.

It is really getting that bad.

How do I stay in touch with friends if it isn't on Blackberry Messenger WHENEVER I want? How do I ONLY check email when I've found free time to actually sit in front of my computer? How do I go back to texting without the beloved querty keyboard? (THE HORROR!) How do I sit through meetings without something to keep me occupied? (Well, clearly I may not need that where I'm going since I'm hoping they just have the productive kind but you never know...) And who - I ask you, WHO! - will look up words on dictionary.com mid-book-club-discussion every month? Oh, and I'm going to need a new alarm clock, too....

Told you, really getting that bad.

Why did I have to drop my personal cell phone in the toilet and WASTE my "new every two" credit so I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another 18 MONTHS. (Could have used the damn crystal ball on that one for sure!) I'm bidding on a used one on eBay but somehow I think my measly 12-dollar max bid won't do me much good in the next 2 days. Please be an obscure listing and let no one else see MY item... please... please... please...

I think the doctor would diagnose this as withdrawal symptoms... YOU THINK?!?

I might have had too much coffee today but I don't think that is the only thing that's happening here.... Universe, send me a cheap blackberry I can afford right now!

No comments: