Monday, July 14, 2008

It's the little things

Most people when they think about conservation say "what can I do, I'm just one person" but it's just like people voting Democratic in a blazing "red" state - everyone can make a difference if we all band together. So, I bought more cloth (read re-usable) shopping bags at the local Target tonight. They are really cool because they fold up into themselves and then fit in my purse. It felt so damn good to walk out of that store toting a cloth bag and not plastic or paper. And, I've put my own immediate form of recycling in place for the paper bags from the grocery store. Instead of putting the ones I got last week either in the stack in my cupboard to use around the house (which is now over flowing!) or the paper recycle box, I put them in the trunk of my car. Now, when I hit the store on the way home from the office, I can take my own back into the store and let 'em fill them up again. Maybe this time they won't have to hunt for bags or give me dirty looks when they make the plastic assumption and have to "rebag" what they've already put in. I have to start somewhere and it's the little things that will hopefully add up to make a difference in the end!

No comments: