Thursday, October 14, 2010

My First Blog Award!

It's official... what I have suspected all along is true:  there ARE more than three of you out there who are reading this blog.  On second thought, since the award came from one of you I actually know about, maybe I'm wrong.  At any rate, I have been awarded my first blog award.  I'm gushing inside and all a-twitter like a school girl!


I'd like to thank my fellow writing pal Christauna at Art n'Writin for bestowing upon me the first honors earned by my little blog.  I hope the tea cup and roses somehow fits into the whole space here since I'm going to post it proudly.  I've never been so happy to see cutesy girlie stuff which is not really my style.   

So, there are rules to getting this award and here they are:

Accept your award and post it on your blog along with a link to the person who has sent it to you. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered. You must contact the person to let them know that you have chosen them to receive the award.

Okay, enough with the fine print.  Here's where you get to learn the ugly crazy truth about me. I blog... a lot I think... but I don't actually read that many other blogs.  Let's face it, I am insanely busy.  I mean, seriously! Full time job, two kids, running 20 miles a week training for a half-marathon (16 days and counting by the way!), playing fantasy football obsessed with beating my nephews which also involves watching a lot of football, shuttling one of my kids to dance 7 hours a week, AND trying to write a novel in all my non-existent spare time.  So, I've recently been on the hunt for awesome new blogs to read so I can pass the award to others I deem worthy and thereby claim mine for my own.  (I sense a future blog post here... stay tuned!)

So without further ado, here is my list of people I think deserve the award because 1) they have kept me entertained enough to keep up with their blogs in what little time I have or 2) are ones I found noteworthy in the week when I went searching for new and interesting people to follow... in no particular order.  Of course, there are many more I like but several of them have already received the award and thus cannot make MY list...

Tickets For Two
Bethanne Strasser
Amber Ruoti
Jen
The Rejectionist
Kerstin
Kristie Tencarre
Stacy Malone
Sara M Eden
The B.S. Cafe
Steven
Dan Wells

Some of these blogs may never claim the "Lovely Blog" award since I tend to follow an eclectic mix of cutesy and irreverent with an emphasis on the irreverent.  But, that's my list and maybe, just maybe, one of you might find something worth adding to your reading list.  Yes, it isn't the requisite 15 but I'm claiming my award nonetheless.  I never was one for following all the rules to the letter anyway so why start now?

3 comments:

FreeFlying said...

Aw, thank you so much!

Kristi Tencarre said...

thank you so much - I'm honoured! I accept!

Jennifer Nikole said...

I finally went to accept it, and I can't because my blog address changed!