Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The House at Riverton

This book was an amazing little gem by author Kate Morton!  In essence it is a mystery that at it's core is based on a secret kept by a servant girl regarding the people she served at the time of WWI and beyond in England.  It is told by the woman, Grace, at the end of her life as a flashback.  This irritated me at times because from the beginning you know there is this huge secret that no one knows but her.  I just wanted to know what the big secret was but it took until the very end - literally - to find out all the details. However, the journey to get there was filled with a great story and great characters and the secret was unpredictable and satisfying when finally revealed.  I look forward to a re-read so I can fully enjoy the story rather than wishing for and hurrying toward the end.  Highly recommended!

Look at me - reading more than a book in a month... I AM super woman at times!

No comments: