Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas - week 33

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone already. Hubby's birthday is the 23rd of December and this year was marked with a doctor's appointment. All is well with nothing new to report. I was wrong, thinking we would now be starting on the weekly appointments but I guess I remember how things go much differently than the reality. I still have every-two-week appointments until mid January. My doctor tried to prepare me with the fact that just because I went into labor all on my own with big sister two weeks before my due date doesn't necessary mean I will do that again. I've been thinking all this time that even though I'm due on Feb 13th that I most likely won't even be pregnant in February. I am trying to prepare myself for the possibility but we all know how much I am NOT a patient person, right?

This week marked a very huge milestone for us - we have a baby room! First the art supplies were removed and the dresser put in place. Today, the desk and computer were removed and there's only baby stuff in there now. I got all the new clothes put into the dresser drawers and breathed a sigh of relief that now I really am ready. Who cares if there aren't cute matching curtains - or even a curtain rod - hanging at the windows, and that there isn't anything on the walls or even the crib set up. At least we have a place to house all the baby items, a place to change the baby and thanks to 'Santa', a new glider rocker to rock the baby in. This week's agenda has me focused on getting all the baby items I saved out of storage so I can wash and put them away. I know I have 5 boxes but what exactly I kept is still a mystery.

I feel like I grow several inches in girth every day and I am starting to waddle - as much as I hate to admit it even to myself. I know most of this is all in my head because I still have only gained 16 lbs total for the entire pregnancy. Having practically no room for my stomach to hold a 'normal' size meal helped me to not overeat for the holiday. I'm hoping I didn't gain more than a pound or so between doctor appointments when I go back in a week and a half. I still am sleeping well minus the multiple trips to the bathroom during the night. At least I can sleep well between visits and I know that makes me one of the lucky ones. I've been fairly sleep deprived the week leading up to Christmas with last minute family gatherings and wrapping activities after big sister finally would go to bed. I'm looking forward to the quiet week between Christmas and New Year's to get caught up on my sleep. I'm starting to feel like it really is the home stretch and wonder where all the time has gone.

No comments: