Friday, September 10, 2010

One Step At A Time

The hubby and I took a little mini-vacation over Labor Day weekend.  We left both kids home with family and hit the road... for a 13 HOUR road trip to my sister-in-law's wedding reception.  We drove a total of 31 hours in three days to spend about 40 hours with them.  It was totally worth it even when you factor in the TWO speeding tickets - one for each of us.  The best part was all the time we had to spend together in the car, talking and bitching and brainstorming and getting inspired for new book ideas. 

I came out of the weekend with two killer ideas for new stories to write and now I'm torn about which I want to do first after I get the initial draft of my current project finished.  The daily writing... goal?  Rule? whatever you want to call it, I'm on a total roll.  I'm about 3 chapters into my re-write and finding less and less that I need to fix once I got past the prologue.  I don't want to jinx anything but at this rate I anticipate being finished with the first draft by Nov 1 when I get to start my new project as part of NaNoWriMo 2010.  I'm looking forward to a new story - something fresh and new and exciting - and am kind of surprised that both ideas are just straight up fiction.  No sci-fi, no fantasy, just regular old stories.  I guess I still don't know what "my" genre is so that's okay, right? 

All things considered, life is pretty damn good - I even set a new personal record for fastest mile tonight on my 4-mile run: 12 minutes, 18 seconds.  Not too bad considering it was the 3rd mile of that run!  Amazing... a 4-mile run is my "short" run during the week!  I'm on track for a 6-mile run on Sunday... and I'm half a mile away from having logged 150 miles just since May 23rd.  Like everything in life, it's all happening by taking one step at a time.

No comments: